About Us Procedures 3D Imaging Gallery Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

I had surgery on my chin and a doctor has completely ruined my face.

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 22 July 2011


I wanted to ask you do you work on the NHS? I am very sorry to ask this but I really need help.

I had surgery on my chin over a year ago from some Dr in Harley Street and he has completely ruined my face. The result is uneven and bumpy and truly awful, I have been very very depressed, I lost my job, my house, my boyfriend, everything because of it because I am so so depressed.

I have been to my doctor a number of times and he has prescribed me anti depressants and sleeping tablets because I am in a bad way.

He has stitched me up wrongly and it still hurts after so long. I went back to see him twice and he just passes me off. I paid a lot of money to have it done and flew to Cyprus on my own and now he has done this to me and left me with nothing.

I cant go out to work any more or face anyone, when I do go out, people do comment and laugh at me so I only go out now when it is absolutely necessary. I wanted to know if you could help me because I really can't continue living like this.

It has affected my health and my everyday life. Please can you help me or see me to advice? I would be so grateful.

I can't understand why it is still hurting me as if i had the operation yesterday.


I would be happy to see you in the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, but for the problem that you describe I believe that it would be preferable for your doctor to refer you to a maxillofacial specialist. Depending on where you live, there may be a unit in your local hospital.

The issue related to facial pain, may require treatment through a pain specialist as opposed to surgery, although it is clear from your description that you also seek a change in appearance.

Psychology support also seems to be of potential benefit, and this is something that your GP may be able to provide locally.

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter