About Us Procedures 3D Imaging Gallery Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

Can you tell me if you also fix an asymmetric chin?

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 28 March 2013


Can you tell me if you also fix an asymmetric chin?

If so, could I send a photo for an initial appraisal?


If the type of change that you seek is purely an adjustment in the alignment of the chin prominence, this is carried out through a centralising genioplasty.

This type of intervention is carried out more frequently by maxillofacial surgeons or by some plastic surgeons with craniofacial interest.

I would suggest seeing my colleague, Mr Henri Thuau, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, who will be able to advise you.

If you are also contemplating a chin advancement, it is possible to use Medpor implants contoured in such a way that they will masks some of the asymmetry, and at the same time provide the augmentation. I would be happy to assist you with this option.

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter