About Us Procedures 3D Imaging Gallery Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

What procedure could I go for what people call bum chin?

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 24 March 2014


I was just wondering if you could help me. Chin surgery is something I have always wanted, I have what people like to call a “bum” chin. From the side it looks like a ball.


In general terms, chin reduction is more frequently carried out by reducing the underlying bone structure. Soft tissue reduction can also be carried out within certain limits.

To some extent, it depends on the degree of change that you would see appropriate, and whether current techniques can produce a safe corresponding result.

I would typically approach this using a consultation with 3-D imaging and computer simulation, so that we can both understand what would be your target, and I can advise accordingly.

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter