About Us Procedures 3D Imaging Gallery Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

I have dents under my eyes, can I get this pulled through surgery?

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 16 August 2011


I have dents under my eyes, can I get this pulled through surgery?

There are 2-3 inches underneath the eye on my face and it makes me look old. I am 21 but I look over 25.

When I pull the skin up with my fingers it looks so much better so I am wondering if I can get this pulled through surgery and if it's possible to do so?

Would it work? The skin under the eye is fragile so I am taking this into consideration.


At 21, formal blepharoplasty is probably not a good idea.

I would start with a filler injection to the tear trough (grooves under the eyelids) to see if the contour change creates a smoother overall result to your satisfaction. The effects typically lasts over a year and it is an office based procedure.

Another option is represented by fat transfer to the cheeks and tear trough, which can also improve the appearance of the lid cheek junction.

Finally, there is also the option of a trans-conjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty which involves access through the inside of the lid without external scars and skin removal, and allows removal of some of the fatty tissue of the lower lid and redistribution of some of it over the tear trough.

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter