About Us Procedures 3D Imaging Gallery Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

I have an hollow area towards the outer part of eye socket.

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 16 September 2012


I am a 29 year old male who has a bit of a confidence issue around my eyes and upper cheek area. I have an hollow area towards the outer part of eye socket.

Would it be possible for you to give me a brief idea what can be achieved, if I sent you a picture?

Maybe then I could have a consultation.


This type of problem is typically addressed with injectable filler treatment, using a hyaluronic-based filler. The procedure is carried out in the office most frequently with topical local anaesthetic cream.

Another option is to use fat transfer, which is applicable more likely to situations of mild underdevelopment of the cheekbone where more significant volume enhancement can help the definition, and at the same time it would be used to address the lateral part of the tear trough.

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter